March 4–6, 2020 | Washington D.C., USA
Register by January 31 to be entered into a drawing to win a free registration!
The early bird registration rate to save 200 USD expires February 14.
The B-School Communications and Development Symposium is the perfect opportunity to energize and transform your institutional strategy and business school brand. It is the only event of its kind developed specifically for marketing and development professionals at business schools. Get an inside look at fresh ideas and best practices on branding, strategic communications, donor development, and alumni relations.
Now is the time to energize, modernize, and transform your institutional strategy for the new digital era. Whether you are looking for results-driven, dynamic ways to engage your audience or want to explore the latest trends and case studies shaping universities today, this symposium is the perfect opportunity for discovery.
We invite you to check out and the agenda and learn more about the following sessions:
- Communications/Marketing sessions will focus on practical solutions for leveraging existing resources, help you choose the right measurement tools and data, demonstrate ROI, create and manage content, balance a budget, and more.
- Development sessions will share innovative strategies to ‘go global’ with alumni engagement, develop a culture of philanthropy on campus, increase advisory board involvement, enhance corporate partnerships, and take your engagement efforts beyond just ‘events’.
- Plenary sessions will explore what the future holds and discuss brand building in an increasingly noisy world, as well as the evolving expectations these changes will bring to those in communications and development positions.
- Bonus sessions will share best principles for managing teams and managing ‘up’, offer tips to work effectively across departments, and discuss branding business as a force for good.
What's New at the Bschools Communications and Development Symposium?
- Swag Table: What’s good swag? What’s not good swag? Need new and unique branded giveaways for your business school? See what "swag" items business schools are giving away and share yours as you draw new and unique ideas for future giveaways.
- Book Nook: Be sure to bring a book (it can be a personal or professional read), drop it off at the Book Nook and take a different one; this is a great opportunity to exchange books with peers around the world. Any books that are not taken by the end of the conference will be donated to BetterWorldBooks, a book resale organization partnering with campuses, libraries and helping fund literacy advocacy organizations around the world.
Washington D.C. offers many sights and local attractions. Here are just a few to enjoy, and at no cost!
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park (14 minutes)
- Lincoln Memorial (16 minutes)
- United States Botanic Garden (18 minutes)
- National Gallery of Art (19 minutes)
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum (21 minutes)
Professionals in alumni relations, development, marketing, communications, alumni relations, external relations, and deans, associate and assistant deans, and faculty.
"The symposium was a fantastic experience all around from really specific, engaging presentations on high-level strategy to the opportunities to network at every turn. I learned so much from my marketing and development colleagues and brought back many new ideas, tips, tricks and tools to use."
—Kimberlyn King, Marketing / Communications Manager, College of Business and Technology at East Tennessee State University
"The AACSB Business School Symposium is a fantastic opportunity to network with your peers, learn about successes other schools are having, and to develop new innovative approaches to solving programs. I highly recommend attending."
—Jeffrey Rich, Chief Marketing Officer William & Mary's Raymond A. Mason School of Business.
Senior Associate Dean, Executive Custom Programs
McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
Use #AACSBbcds to share your conference-related feedback, thoughts, and photos. Follow @AACSBevents and @AACSB for the latest news and updates.
Do you have more questions? Contact us at email@example.com.