We are a workplace inspired by making an impact in business education.
Synonymous with the highest standards in business education since 1916, AACSB is an invigorating and collaborative workplace, driven by our people.
View Open Positions
AACSB is the world’s leading voice in business education, providing quality assurance (accreditation), intelligence and thought leadership, and learning and development (e.g., conferences, seminars, digital learning) opportunities to over 1,800 member organizations and more than 900 accredited business schools in over 100 countries and territories. AACSB’s core values of quality, community, social responsibility, diversity and inclusion, and ethics are all viewed through a global lens in our collective commitment to transform business education for positive societal impact. Synonymous with the highest standards of excellence since 1916, AACSB connects educators, students, and business to develop the next generation of great leaders.
Reporting to the EVP and Global Chief Membership Officer, the Vice President and Managing Director, Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) is a member of the Global Membership Team’s leadership group. In this role, you will contribute to the strategy and operational direction for AACSB’s membership and will lead strategic and operational success for the EMEA region, which will include leading the development and implementation of the EMEA regional strategy and operating plan within the context of AACSB and Global Membership Team’s overall strategy; developing, overseeing and advancing outreach activities with key stakeholders in EMEA, as well as developing relationship management practices in collaboration with other functional areas in AACSB; serve as staff liaison to the EMEA regional advisory committees; and developing the EMEA team members and overseeing EMEA office administration including budget planning and oversight.
How You Will Contribute:
- Lead the development and implementation of the EMEA regional strategy and operating plan.
- Track performance against plans and budgets to ensure achievement of goals and objectives for all functional areas of responsibility.
- Develop and refine processes to improve efficiency and achievement of goals and objectives.
- Organize staff to meet functional and/or geographic goals and to provide outstanding service across all operations.
- Identify, recruit, and support member institutions, both educational and business in the EMEA region, as well as identify and recruit institutions in the EMEA region that express interest in or are otherwise appropriate to enter the accreditation process.
- Collaborate with AACSB staff to co-deliver seminars, conferences, and other value-added services to meet the needs of the EMEA region.
- Contribute directly to the development of the global AACSB membership strategy, including other key regions and functions, such as business education intelligence, and advocacy and awareness.
- Serve as the primary external representative of AACSB in EMEA, including developing and maintaining strong external relationships with key stakeholders, and developing and delivering presentations about management education and AACSB International.
- Identify and recruit potential volunteers for AACSB service.
- Collaborate to develop systems and practices in purposeful relationship management.
- Maintain an understanding of the business education environment and AACSB’s initiatives, products, and services.
- Serve as leadership team liaison to regional advisory councils.
- Collaborate with other members of the Global Membership Team leadership group and contribute positively to strategic and operational planning, implementation, and evaluation. Develop vision, strategies, and goals for each area of responsibility to ensure high-quality support to the AACSB staff and membership in alignment with the AACSB and Global Membership Team strategic agenda.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Advanced degree in a related field obtained through an accredited college or university.
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant experience, including academic leadership including having served as a dean in the EMEA region.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Fluency in a European language.
- Extensive knowledge of higher education and business schools.
- Experience with the AACSB network in the region.
- Comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment.
Why Join AACSB?
We take pride in providing our employees with an inclusive work environment that promotes individual development. Our employees say our benefits, location, flexible work environment, and their colleagues are the primary drivers that attract and keep them with AACSB.
We offer a competitive benefit package, including generous vacation, sick, and holiday paid time off; wellness allowance; tuition reimbursement; and a hybrid work environment.
To apply, please visit Managing Director, Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) - AACSB International (workable.com).
There are currently no open positions at our Tampa office.