Eligibility Process and Application
The AACSB accounting accreditation eligibility application process is similar to the business accreditation application. It entails the submission of an eligibility application and supporting documents. The objective of this process is to determine whether a school is eligible to pursue AACSB accounting accreditation.
Institutions may apply simultaneously for business and accounting accreditation. However, if done separately, a school must have already earned AACSB business accreditation to pursue AACSB accounting accreditation.
1. Submit an accreditation eligibility request to obtain the eligibility application.
2. Complete and submit eligibility application for accounting accreditation and the applicant profile sheet to [email protected]. Request any program exclusions as necessary.
3. An accreditation staff member reviews the application for completeness and requests any additional information from the school.
4. The Accounting Accreditation Committee (AAC) reviews the application to determines whether eligibility criteria are met and whether the school can feasibly achieve accreditation in the allotted amount of time.
5. After the AAC has reviewed the application, the school will receive a decision letter with the next steps in the initial accreditation process. If the application is approved, a mentor will be assigned to help guide the school through the initial accreditation process.