24 May 2019 | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Higher education is transforming at a rapid pace. Globally, there are more degree-granting institutions than ever before, and they are expected to demonstrate their relevancy and impact on a local, regional, national, and an international scale with stakeholders, including accreditors and governments.
These higher education institutions, some striving for or maintaining multiple accreditations, must develop plans and processes to research, prepare, and maintain certain stakeholder-required reports and be ready to shine when an on-campus visit is approaching. As a result, many forward-thinking institutions and universities view this as an opportunity to create new roles dedicated to the oversight and management of quality assurance (QA). These roles vary a lot from one institution to the other and many filling those positions are breaking new ground in these developing roles and are ready to take the next step.
This workshop is designed to meet the needs of QA Professionals. During this workshop a couple of different institutional structures will be presented and discussed so that you get a sense of how your role and institution maps on to what best practice might look like. The workshop offers a forum to discuss the collective process where staff, faculty, students, and administrators must work together not only to accomplish a university’s mission and work toward its vision, but also to efficiently communicate its story for accreditation purposes.
You will examine the competencies required for general quality assurance requirements, regardless of home institution, accrediting body and/or government/NGO. In addition, you will learn evidence-based process management techniques, review quality assurance documents, discuss cases, receive best-practice insights from experienced speakers and peers, and exchange and network with others in your profession.
- Understand the general requirements for a QAP
- Gain an in-depth understanding of QAP tools, roles, and responsibilities
- Be able to probe and interpret information and data from multiple sources to effectively make decisions for reporting
- Learn how to work with system-building and developing assessment management systems, anchored in the organization’s mission, vision, structure and functions
- Identify mechanisms to support, monitor, and maintain a structural culture of quality within the institution
- Learn how to communicate effectively on quality assurance inputs, results, and the institution’s story with all stakeholders
Who Should Attend
- People interested in or aspiring to be a Quality Assurance Professional
- Quality Assurance Professionals, new and experienced
- People who serve an active role in QA implementation and documentation
For more information, please contact email@example.com.