Tampa, FL, USA (September 4, 2012)—BizEd, the nation's leading magazine in management education, won 10 awards for excellence in editorial quality and design from three of the top publishing associations in the world. BizEd is published bi-monthly by AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), which advances quality management education worldwide through accreditation, thought leadership, and value-added services.
The Florida Magazine Association, the largest state magazine association in the nation, is made up of more than 200 publishing professionals and included over 80 categories in the areas of printing, writing, and design excellence. The association awarded BizEd accolades in the following categories:
- Silver Award for Best Service Feature—Association "Collaborative Efforts" by Tricia Bisoux, March/April 2012
- Charlie Award for Best Service Feature—Association "Coping with Millennials on Campus" by Steve Williams, Jim Beard, and Margaret Tanner, July/Aug 2011
- Charlie Award for Best Department—Association "BizEd Technology Department" by Tricia Bisoux
- Bronze Award for Best Editorial Commentary Opinion—Association "What's Your Superpower" by Tricia Bisoux, March/April 2012
- Charlie Award for Best Editorial/Commentary/Opinion—Association "Business with Passion" by Sharon Shin, May/June 2011
- Charlie Award for Best Special Theme or Show Issue—Association "Diversity," January/February 2012
The Tabbie Awards, hosted by the Trade, Association, and Business Publications International organization, is an editorial and design competition featuring nearly 500 entries, with nominations coming from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, the United Arab Emirates, France, India, Singapore, and South Africa. BizEd won Tabbie awards in the following categories:
- Feature Article: Top 25 Entries (#9) "Lives, Not Just Livelihoods," Carolyn Woo, May/June 2011
- Honorable Mention: How-To Article "Coping with Millennials on Campus," Steve Williams, Jim Beard, Margaret Tanner, July/August 2011
- Honorable Mention: Special Section "The Customizable Curriculum," Sharon Shinn, September/October 2011
Finally, the Association Media & Publishing, which honors and represents the best publishing products of the association industry, judged over 1,000 association publications, including magazines, newsletters, scholarly journals, electronic publications and websites. Winners are chosen for taking bold chances in areas of editorial quality, design, and general excellence. BizEd won an EXCEL award in the following category:
- Silver Award for Magazines: Editorial "Business with Passion," Sharon Shinn, May/June 2011
"BizEd continues to demonstrate why it is considered the leading magazine in the management education market," said Brenda Lovell, vice president and chief education officer of AACSB International. "It is reaffirming to know that our peers consider BizEd to be among the industry's best".