View Upcoming Offering
|Upcoming Dates Coming Soon!
As a new dean, you are not alone. In AACSB's latest deans survey, 69 percent of current deans are serving in their first deanship. In those first few years of transition and discovery, you will be called upon to solve complex problems and take advantage of strategic opportunities in unexpected ways.
The New Deans Seminar is a "must-attend" event that provides insightful advice on how to handle the first few years as well as interactive discussions regarding expectations, career path, strategic planning, and AACSB Accreditation. This is your chance to talk about the things you can't discuss on campus.
Get a head start in your new role by building trusted relationships and expanding your network with others. You will have the opportunity to talk one-on-one with experienced deans who have been through the process as well as make life-long colleagues. With a new team of deans leading new content, this three-day event will prepare you for success, no matter what your goal as dean may be.
- Understand your role within the University and learn how to be the voice of your business school
- Recognize best practices in strategic, financial, and succession planning
- Establish a close-knit community with deans from around the world
- Identify strategies and opportunities with regard to global partnerships
- Learn how to build internal and external communities of advocates dedicated to your school’s vision
Who Should Attend
New, interim, and acting deans of two years or less.
Blog Posts with Seminar Alumni
Becoming a Business School Dean: Annette L. Ranft Shares Her Journey
Dean Annette L. Ranft shares the insights she learned based on her experiences leading up to her deanship and her time in it so far.
Dean Lessons for the First Year: Listen to Learn
In his first year as dean, Dean Jeff Tanner learned many important lessons, chief among them to listen.