AACSB's Online Seminars are offered completely online. The seminars take place over various modules which include synchronous and asynchronous activities delivered via Blackboard Learn and Collaborate.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Teaching Effectiveness Seminar
View Upcoming Offering
The Online Teaching Effectiveness Seminar takes place over six modules which include synchronous and asynchronous activities and will be delivered via Blackboard Learn and Collaborate. The seminar provides a cohort group of attendees a framework from which they can develop individual courses that are geared toward non-traditional audiences. To encompass the variety of teaching styles currently utilized, this program will include the perspectives and materials from a number of content creators.
- Discuss methods for online educational engagement in different modalities, including the incorporation of free and innovative technologies.
- Determine preferences for course development including its design, the incorporation of (a)synchronous components, and time management.
- Increase instructors’ (personal) presence within digital mediums.
- Develop strategies to promote student engagement and motivation through individual and collective interaction.
- Implement mechanisms and policies that encourage academic honesty.
- Discuss assessment strategies and metrics.
- Discover connections with accreditation.
Who Should Attend
Faculty members interested in teaching courses in online, blended, and/or hybrid settings.