The Committee on Accreditation Policy (CAP) fulfills six primary roles:
• oversees policy related to AACSB accreditation and quality assurance services;
• recommends changes in the accreditation standards, related to accreditation and quality assurance services;
• coordinates the work of the operating committees;
• engages thought leaders from the Committee on Issues in Management Education (CIME) and the Business Practices Advisory Council in advancing accreditation;
• authorizes improvements to the processes and procedures supporting accreditation activities; and
• oversees the review of satisfaction of Eligibility Criteria by institutions in the application, initial accreditation, and continuous improvement review phases of accreditation process.